Wednesday, July 25, 2012

July 25, Day 2

As day 2 is coming to a close, I want to take a few minutes to share an update.  Vivi lived in baby bliss today--no prodding, no poking, just lots of lovin' from mommy, daddy and many visitors.  I stayed at Good Sam overnight last night, begged for discharge before the 7a shift change, so Rod rolled over to pick me up at 6:30.  What a relief to have our family together!  I know for all 3 of us, it definitely set the tone for how we are running this ship--together.

Tonight is my first night to stay with my girl, and the nurses are coming in reminding me that I am not Wonderwoman, and I do in face need sleep, so this is going to be short and sweet :)

Surgery is still not scheduled for Vivi at the time being.  From the ultrasounds yesterday, there has not been a clear image of a vein off the liver called the portal valve which transmits blood from the spleen and small intenstine to the liver to be broken down and taken to the heart.  This is an issue because it has the potential to result in liver failure at some point down the road.  But people have liver transplants all the time, you may say.  And although this is true, the procedures to fix the problem with Vivian's heart will not coinside with a liver transplant.  This all being said, we are ordered to have an MRI tomorrow for a better look inside our girl to see more clearly what is going on.  So please pray.  Pray that the doctors have on X-ray vision to see what the problem is and that together as a team can figure out the best solution.  Or just pray they are wrong like we are praying :)  I feel the same way about this as I did about the stomach fluid...non-issue, but I don't look at the scans or know the inside of the body.  Just my mom gut.  I have hope!  And maybe this is even God's way of having everyone doubled check before surgery...maybe her heart is healed!

Looking at her, it is IMPOSSIBLE to believe that there is any imperfection about her.  She is an absolute beauty, her temperment is so easy....i just can't believe it.  I don't want to stop looking at her, rubbing her head (which she loves) holding her, or kissing her head.  It is so hard to think something so precious is so fragile on the inside.  I would give ANYTHING to give her my heart, and my liver too, if thats what she needed!  My favorite moments today were the 4 hours I held her.  My heart needed that so much.  I don't know how to express what has happened to my heart.  There is a joy that is now an unshakeable part of my life that will always be in my heart because of this perfect child.  To hold her in my arms is a miracle within itself.  I think Vivi will be one of those babies that will be held until she is 8.  Life has a whole new meaning, and I have a whole new appreciation for it because of her.  Oh, so you can be as OBSESSED as I, here are some pics :) Thanks for the prayers!



3 comments:

  1. Dear Maria,

    I know that you don't know me, but my daughter Leah was in your mom's Kids4Jesus club this past school year and I started following your blog ever since I learned about it from the emails your mom sent out inviting us to Vivian's Victory Walk. First of, let me say congratulations and Vivian is beautiful! Not only am I praying for Vivian (and you and your husband also!), but Leah has been including her in her bedtime prayers each night.

    Best wishes to you and your entire family!
    Leslie Foertsch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria & Rod,

    Congrats again! Vivian is so beautiful! She is so blessed to have you two as her parents and guides through this journey. Sending Vivi all my thoughts and prayers. She has the sweetest little face! (I was so happy to see they were able to leave her hands free from i.v.'s/lines!)

    Love,
    Jessica & little Jon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for helping me with this project. Thank you for taking the time to explain this.

    ReplyDelete