Saturday, June 16, 2012

“Blessed is she that believed that the promises made to her would be fulfilled!”
(Elizabeth to Mary upon the Visitation)

In these months preparing to become a mom, I feel my heart becoming closer and closer to Mary.   Today, being the feast of her Immaculate Heart, I can't help but think about these words that Elizabeth shared with her at the Visitation.  The past few days have been hard for me as a mom as the reality of my child becomes more and more visible.  These words have brought much needed comfort to my heart this morning!  From the beginning of our journey with Vivian, I have known God is here in each moment.  As Mary "pondered all these things in her heart" throughout her life with Jesus, I find myself this morning doing the same all before I meet my Vivian face to face.  God has been holding our hands since March 8 when our hearts were breaking.  He has been at every doctor's visit, especially one of the first when He consoled me by saying, "I am so sorry you have to go through this...but it is for all to see my Glory!" He has been with us through the people he has sent to us who have expereinced the same thing, with our families and all their support--GOD IS HERE!!

As I take a few minutes to ponder all these things in my heart, there is a great peace and consulation that follows.  If I believe my whole life my soul has been preparing for these moments, the grace is there.  The strength is there, because God is with me.  The miracles of Vivian's life have already begun and touched so many.  The road ahead is uncertain, as was Mary's with Jesus.  The ups, the downs, the smiles and tears are all inevitable and a part of the journey.  However, the great certainity is God is here, always leading us.

No comments:

Post a Comment