Thursday, March 15, 2012

Rejoice!

Paul tells us in Romans 5 to rejoice always in our suffering.  In this past week, I have been blown away by the love and prayers we have received from so many people.  I love hearing "Viv Stories" and realizing that God has this child on a mission to bring more love to the world.  It is an incredible honor to think that I have been chosen to be her mom.  I can't help but think about Mary's yes at the Annunciation.  There were so many questions, but she stepped out in faith and said "I am the handmaid of the Lord, let it be done to me according to your word".  What courage and outstanding faith!  I have been thinking about that a lot in the past couple of days--and although I am not bringing the Savior of the World to earth, I see that God has given me the grace to accept His will as Mary accepted.  It is not always easy, but in the moments where the rubber meets the road is when faith is truly tested.  I felt Christ share with me yesterday that this grace is a fruit of years of personal prayer that I prayed I would ALWAYS be in God's Will.  As I strayed from time to time, He always brought me back and has been preparing me for this moment in my journey. 








Tomorrow we go to Children's Hospital to meet with the Cardiologists to pick their brains about what is going to be happening  in the next 20 weeks and the weeks after Viv's birth.  This is crazy, but I am so excited to get these questions answered.  For me, this is no longer a challenge I hate, or I am sad about, but a challenge I am rejoicing in, celebrating the love of God as we take each step greeting each new day.

Everyday Viv is allowing her personality to shine through and I have a funny little story about her :)
Yesterday I was blessed to go to Mass twice.  After receiving the Eucharist, I felt her moving around like crazy, and then settle a few moments after.  She did it again last night when I went to Mass, and again when Rod prayed over my her as he does every night.  I dubbed "The Jesus Dance"--she is already rejoicing in the splendor of the Glory of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment