Thursday, September 13, 2012

Day 50, Part 2

I can't believe I forgot this! Viv started fussin' and I was done with Part 1 :)

In the morning yesterday (Sept. 12), I'm not sure if I was dreaming or if I was awake, but I had this image come to mind.  I was holding Vivian, and we were walking down this path that was  cloudy and dark.  Wrapped around us was a rosary, the wooden beaded ones from Bethlehem or Jerusalem.
My mom called me a few hours later to say it was the Feast of the Holy Name of Mary. What a beautiful sign on such a special day that we are surrounded with her love.

1 comment:

  1. How cool! Hi Maria, my name's Lisa Brown and I've been praying for you guys and following your updates! Your faith is so beautiful and inspiring and I look forward to read about what God's doing thru Viv! I was told about you thru my sister... the other Maria Dunlop (Rod's sister in law I believe)'s mom, Angie, is my grandpa's cousin. In any case, when I heard of your story my heart just went out to you! I am a mom of a 5yr old boy and 2yr old girl, and I know that "mommy" bond is just so strong from day one! My mom passed away from cancer 2 1/2 yrs ago and I am asking her intercession for Viv. I really can't think of a better intercessor! My mom was so full of love for her grandchildren and incredibly devoted to them and her entire extended family. She had pictures of all the extended family posted all over the basement and would take a moment to look and smile at them periodically. One of her constant prayers was that God would keep each person of the family in His care and not let any be lost. She was so engaging and persuasive- she just had a way of getting people agree with her and presenting her side so passionately yet joyfully that almost unfailingly would she get the other side to go along with her, either because they were tired that she wouldn't let up or because she convinced them, but they would always leave the conversation with a smile. I remember right out of school she talked a man I was hoping to rent an apartment from who wouldn't budge on the price with me down $50 per month and he left smiling and joking with us. I know she is presenting your family to Jesus and asking Him for the miracle. Prayers, hope, and love to you all! Lisa

    ReplyDelete