Friday, September 14, 2012

September 14, Day 52

As a person, my goal is to bring others to Christ, and to get to Heaven. As a mom, my goal is to love Vivi, and help her get to heaven.  Our whole life is not about this earth, put "planning" so to speak for the next, the life we will live eternally.

Today's Gospel contains the infamous John 3:16, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son that everyone who believes in Him might not perish, but have eternal life".  I couldn't help but think about Vivian.  Like Abraham and Isaac climbing the mountain, there have been many moments on this journey that I have felt like in giving my child fully to God, that I would lose her on this earth.  It never fails...when I get so upset thinking about what I might lose, someone shares with me what they have gained by this journey with Vivian.  In the moments where the rubber hits the road, it comes to a point that I have had to sincerely say to myself, 'do I really believe what I say--My goal is to get her to heaven no matter what that means?'  This Gospel today reaffirmed for me the committment I have not just for myself, but most especially in these days for Vivian.  Our goal is to bring others to Christ, others closer to Heaven, no matter the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment