Thursday, September 6, 2012

September 6...Day 44

We received the results from the procedure yesterday officially.  Viv's anatomy is nothing that the doctors have ever seen before.  Her SMV is absent.  This could be the culprit for the fluid in her belly.  A heart transplant is not going to solve the problem if the SMV is the problem.  We started feeds again today in hopes that Viv's belly accepts the food.  If this happens, we will be able to continue as planned.  If not, we will have another invasive procedure done early next week to better understand Viv's insides and see if the surgeons would be able to re-route her "plumbing".  That would be another surgery that would Viv would have to recover from, then be reassessed to get back to the top of the transplant list.

Needless to say, we need prayers.  We need prayers that we are able to accept God's will with great grace while enjoying each day to the fullest.  I am empty tonight...hopefully I will have more tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Praying hard for you and your precious baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not completely empty. You're full of love for Rod and Vivi! God will fill the rest of you. Give Him all your worry, fear, anxiety, questions, frustrations etc. He can handle it. Once they're gone, He'll fill you up with what you need. I have a quote from Mother Angelica that has gotten me through when I wasn't sure I could: "He loves me. He knows me and knows all my weaknesses and circumstances. He knows all there is to know about me and has placed His hand on me in blessing - giving me grace." As always, with loving prayers, The Foxes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers that you find peace wirh God's will and for Vivi's medical team.

    ReplyDelete