Friday, August 17, 2012

August 17

I didn't post yesterday and I don't think you will blame me when I tell you why.  Better yet, I will show you--



11 am yesterday emotions flowed through my heart like I have never felt.  I truly understand the old adage,"absense makes the heart grow fonder".  Joy exploded from my soul and filled my body in a way I didn't know was possible.  Watching Vivi be lifted out of her plastic bed into my arms was something I will never forget.  I ached to hug Vivian, and craved it.  And this moment I had been anticipating it for days and FINALLY the time had come.  It was beautiful...I sobbed.  Holding her so close to my heart again, I literally believed my insides were going to explode out of me.  Viv just starred up at me, eyes wide open...what a special moment.  My heart, and I could see through her eyes, her heart, were both full with joy and peace being so close again.
 

And of course, Daddy got some snuggly time with his Baby Girl while watching the Reds game.


Yes, she changed her headband for when Daddy got home :)


I awoke this morning after a short nap (I was holding Vivi until 3 am...the nurses decided I needed a break to sleep) to the transplant nurse nudging my shoulder handing me an envelope.  Enclosed were the documents stating Vivian is officially on the UNOS transplant list.  She is listed in the 1A class which puts her at the top of the list.  Now, we begin the waiting game.  At any moment, any day we could receive the call, and our lives will be changed forever.  I believe there was some confusion based on my first post about having a heart transplant that it would be a dual heart/liver transplant.  At this time, we are tackling one obstacle, and that is her heart.  Viv's liver isn't showing us any signs of failure or malfunction.  Putting a new heart in her, could really cause no issue with the Abernathy Syndrome because her circulation would not be changed.  Time (God) will tell...we are committed to taking one step at a time.

Today was a big day for Viv.  Yes, I held her again all day, but something else....she wore clothes for the first time!  I received all these cute snap-up onesies that I brought with us anticipating that we would be prepping to come home by now.  Since she won't be wearing them after we leave the hospital because they are summer outfits, she will be wearing them now :)




Needless to say, if Vivi didn't attract attention any other day, she definitely did today.  Everyone wanted to stop and she her in her pretty outfit! 

Luckily, we are running steady today.  We have downsized the amount of wires and poles in our room, which is always encouraging.  Tonight we are focusing on continuing to share the love together as a family!




10 comments:

  1. hi to all you all are looking good. and viv alooking great. I am so happy that you have gotten to cuddle your precious baby. she is so precious. God Bless you.

    Love you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhhhhh THIS MADE MY NIGHT!! thank you so much for posting :) miss you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so happy for the three of you. The plctures were great. The best med is holding Vivan. Rob make sure you get same amout of time holding Vivan. I always went back at 11pm and stay until about 3or4am. Its just you and Vivan.This your time. Visiting hours dont apply to you. You hold your Vivan the whole time. Kerry Maddux

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaron and I were checking out these lovely pics. He did say that is definately a "Maria" outfit! A fashionista like her mom! We are so happy to here you are getting snuggle time! Love & prayers always coming your way, the Burkes

    ReplyDelete
  5. So awesome!! Look at those happy faces.....smiles can't get much bigger than that!!!! She looks so adorable in the outfits!!! Prayers always!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures made all of us cheer! So glad everyone was able to snuggle for such a long time! Sending our prayers your way as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy. I can only imagine the joy holding her again! Praying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful! I know exactly how you feel. Isn't wonderful that these children really recognize there parents voice and touch. I was always amazed at how Benjamin reacted to me! :) May your family be blessed - I keep praying you.
    Elizabeth McCarthy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy for you and Rod that you are able to hold her! How wonderful that she is at the top of the transplant list too, I'll keep praying. I can't get over how cute she is in her little outfit and all the headbands. :-)

    ReplyDelete