Sunday, August 5, 2012

August 5, Day 1 chest closed

Vivian had a great night last night and is doing amazing today.  After a bit of a slumpy day yesterday, we convinced the doctors to chill out on weening her from meds and she liked it a lot better that way!  She is letting us know what she wants: she doesn't want to lay on her side, she wants to be able to touch her werewolf ear, and she is getting ready to wake up.  I can't hardly wait to be able to hold her again--the poor thing.  I think it hurts me more than her :(

Rod said something this morning that I have been thinking about all day.  He said she is a physical product of our love, and her scar is a physical product of God's love for her.  Looking at her journey through those lenses, it changes every day, every challenge, every tear, every heartache into something that I can't help but cherish.  We had our friend Fr. Kyle bring us Jesus today since we didn't want to leave with her waking up.  In Fr. Kyle fashion, he gave a quick, yet poignant homily.  He said how we have this moment to unite ourselves with Mary and John at the base of the cross.  That there is joy in waiting there.  I can't help but agree more.  It breaks my heart to watch Viv suffer.  If I could take it away, I would without a hesitation.  For some reason, Christ is asking her to begin her earthly life upon the cross with him.  Like Mary, I am not going anywhere.  Like Mary, I believe in the hope that God is always here, and His plan is Almighty and perfect. 


3 comments:

  1. Evelyn can stop kissing Vivians picture while I'm reading post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful family picture!!!! Prayers are being said!!!

    ReplyDelete